måndag 15 juli 2013

South Carolina, day 21

On Friday we drove down to the next state which is South Carolina. As soon as we crossed the border there were big storages selling fireworks. We had seen a great deal of advertisements of these fireworks before we crossed the border and it seemed to be a big deal that you could get fireworks south of the border. We figured it must be illegal to sell fireworks in North Carolina, but we don't know if it is illegal to use there as well. I will google it as soon as I finish this blogpost.

It rained almost the whole way down to south point where we were gonna stay for the night. Since we arrived quite early we figured we could go somewhere else for a couple of hours before it went dark. After some research we found a place called Beaufort only about half an hour away. It is a small and very picturesque town with a lot of history. The buildings and houses were all quite old and even the new ones were built in the same style to keep the historic feel of it all. When we were walking along the shore I stopped to read something and when I looked up I could see Josh further away speaking to a smart dressed woman with a notepad in her hand. She turned and walked towards me and when she was close she said my name (Josh, as nice as he is, told her I would be interested in whatever she was asking for) and shock my hand. She asked if I knew about Forrest Gump being filmed in Beaufort and whether I wanted to do a short interview on camera about how good place Beaufort is for film making. She was from the local news station and basically wanted to get the enthusiasm for movie makers to film in the town. I said I didn't know much about the place and that we just arrived. But I kind of regret not being on the local news ;)

In the evening we found a cosy little pub/restaurant that served great food. The duck breast in peach sauces was to die for. 




























1 kommentar: