tisdag 22 oktober 2013

Monument Valley

The next day we drove from Farmington towards Arizona and Monument Valley. I had now idea what this place was going to be like, since Josh were the one planning our adventures for the state of Arizona, and I was definitely not dissapointed with with I saw. First of all, this place is huge. It is basically in Indian reservation belonging to the Navajo Indians and they still live on this land, some in traditional Indian adobes and others adopt a more modern lifestyle. There are wild horses and cows all over the place and they have a school and a grocery store. Monument Valley is one part of this big reserve and the scenery here is astonishing. I mean, I have never seen anything like this in my entire life, except maybe in cowboy films. It looked like it was taken straight out of a John Wayne movie and felt like big groups of Indians and cowboys would come out from behind the valleys and the rocks riding on their horses. Nothing of the sort happened, of course, but there was still a definite element of the old wild West in the air. We took a three hour guided tour in an open Jeep with a native Indian who showed us all the rock formations and managed, impressively enough, not to get us stuck on the poorly developed dirt road. I even got a hairdo by one of the natives. The awesomeness of this place is difficult to give any justice by using words so I'm just gonna let the pictures speak fro themselves. 

































































Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar