tisdag 29 oktober 2013

L.A. day 3

We started the day at The Original Pancake House that I'd been longing for ever since New York. If you're going to the U.S. you really need to visit this place for breakfast or brunch. I first went here when I was visiting my cousin and her family two years ago and I've wanted to go back ever since. They have a couple of restaurants spread out over the U.S but most of them are in California. They serve all kinds of pancakes you can imagine, as well as omelettes if that's your thing. It is not like IHOP or Waffle house, which are disgusting, but more like an authentic old fashioned café. I had bacon pancakes with strawberries on the side. Yum! 

Satisfied with our bellies full of pancakes we headed towards Manhattan Beach for some serious chillaxing. Manhattan Beach is quite a long way south of L.A. and Santa Monica Beach but it is a great and beautiful beach and not as crowded as other beaches closer to the city. The highlight of the day was a guy who, anything but subtle, tried to flirt with a couple of girls. And, even though they were less than impressed by his attempts, I can admire his courage and confidence which is very visible overall in this country compared to Sweden or the UK. I wish we all could care less about what other’s think and just go for it! 

In the evening we went to one of our favourite restaurants in L.A. that we had been to three years ago. It is right on Sunset Boulevard and called Saddle Ranch Chop House. I had a Baseball Cut Sirloin and Josh had the Ultimate Cut Prime rib. I was a bit disappointed with the size of mine as I didn’t think it would actually be as small as a baseball (hence the name Baseball Sirloin) but the size of Josh’s Prime rib could feed ten people. It was huge! 















Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar