måndag 5 augusti 2013

Tampa Bay

Driving from Cape Coral to Tampa is the time I will always remember as the first time I got stopped by the police. We had talked about who would be the first one to be stopped, since it is bound to happen if you're driving for three months. It was me, and when I saw the flashing lights and heard the sound from the police car I got a little nervous. I slowed down and pulled over by the side of the road. Over here you have to stop wherever you are, you don't have to drive until you can get you're vehicle completely off the road. We've seen a ton of cars having to pull off on the grass next to the road. The police man who stopped me walked up slowly to my window, which we're guessing is to make sure the driver don't have a gun or something, carefully watching me in the mirror. This police officer looked like he could be a real asshole so I got even more nervous. However, he told me I was going 50 on a 40 miles an hour road and asked why I was in such a hurry. I said I thought it was a 45 miles an hour road and I was doing 47. I had seriously only seen signs with 45 miles an hour so I was just being honest (I have been unsure of the speed limit many times since they seem to be lacking in signs in many places). He looked at my drivers license and realized we weren't from the US so he told us to slow down instead of giving us a fine (he was probably just lazy since I'm guessing there is a lot more paper work if you fine someone who's now from the US). Relieved we drove away, strictly following the speed limits from then on.

In Tampa we took a walk along the river and took some pictures. Tampa seems to be a pretty boring place with nothing more than businesses and some museums. However, the River walk was nice, but burning HOT, and we learned about the history of Tampa. There were also some beautiful quotes on the ground.

(Sorry about my finger in some of the photos but I didn't realize that until later) 































1 kommentar:

  1. Kör saktare så vi slipper betala borgen för att ta ut dej från fängelse .kram

    SvaraRadera