söndag 10 november 2013

More question marks regarding English culture

In Tuesday's blog post about English culture I left out a couple of things that definitely should have been included. I guess I'm getting used to some of the things that normally would raise my eyebrows if I wasn't faced with them everyday. A friend of mine from Sweden reminded me of these things and I couldn't believe I actually left them out in the first place. Here goes:

"Why is there two separate taps in the bathroom, and not just one mixer?" This one's easy: one is for when you need scolding hot water and the other one is for when you need freezing cold water. As simple as that! "Yeah... okaaay?".

"You didn't feel like putting in carpet in all the rooms of the house, including the bathroom, was taking it a bit too far?" Hum, noooo?! Your feet can get cold wherever you are in the house you know. "Heh, well... have you heard of socks?"


This will be the last post taking the mick out of the English since I don't think this will do me any good if my boyfriend finds out I wrote this. Hehe. Next time I'll make fun of Americans instead...



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar